A San Francisco Theological Seminary Course
Held at Glacier Presbyterian Center (the Camp!)
Opening the Old Testament
Theologies of Creation and Covenant in the Old Testament
Dates: October 5-7 (Sunday through Tuesday)
Featured Speaker: Professor Annette Schellenberg, SFTS
This is your chance to learn from a seminary professor without going to a seminary!
Who should attend?
- Those who are considering a CRE (Commissioned Ruling Elder) ministry
- Current CRE's who want continuing education
- Anyone who would lie to learn more about the Old Testament
- Commuters (includes all meals) ...$150/person
- Single Room ...$275/person
- Double Room ...$215/person
- Tripple Room ...$175/person
Partial Scholarships available to CRE's and those considering a CRE ministry
Holding a PhD from the University of Zurich, Annette finds that guiding people in learning to discern the richness of Biblical literature is one of the most noble and rewarding tasks
of theological scholarship. Annette's love for Scripture and teaching are obvious to anyone who has heard her speak.
Annette's lectures are open to all who want to broaden their knowledge of Scripture and its relevance for our journey of faith. Her course will be part of the core requirement for
working toward become Commissioned Ruling Elders in Glacier Presbytery. Current CREs can receive continuing education credit for participating.
- Overview on books and canons; some basic distinctions
- Old Testament theology/theologies - example 1: Creation
- Old Testament theology/theologies - example 2: Covenant
- Common perceptions and misconceptions of the Old Testament
4:00 – 5:30 Check in
7:00 First Session
9:00 Second Session
1:30 Third Session
9:00 Fourth Session
12:00 Sack lunch